From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:52:48 -0700
We have 5 ferrets that still need to find homes.  All are from the 34 AZ
Rescue (Tucson Shelter Closed) that we did in January.  We are located
near Sierra Vista, AZ (about 60 miles southeast of Tucson, AZ)

The 5 are special kids.  they truly are.  they need a home where they can
be themselves and be loved..they need an understanding home with a family
that is willing to take on any special needs that they may have..  Here
is their information

The Beastie Boys and Annie: Goose, Newton and Annie.  These kids are very
special.  We believe Goose is from a private breeder - he has no markings
that we can find and he is pretty big (more muscle than anything!) - but
he is fixed and appears to be descented.  Goose is about 2 years old and
FULL of energy.  He will give you kisses but does like to play harder
than most.  He doesn't mean to.  he's just SO strong.  he is a HUGE
talker too!  Watching him come out of the cage is so funny.  just so
BOUNCY!

Newton is a sweetie, about 4 years old but he thinks he's 1.  Happy to
play with his cagemates or with people.  He is a little talker too.
just not as loud.  He has a very sweet personality but loves to play
also.  He has never bit hard.

Annie.  she is the real special one in this group.  She is a 4 year
old alpha female but loves the boys.  She has osteoporosis and also an
enlarged spleen.  She will get up and play and be happy.  but she has her
down days where she just wants to lay around in bed (I think we all can
relate to that!).  She hasn't had a down day in a couple weeks though.
She may bite once in awhile.  but I think she just likes men better than
women!  This group needs to stay together..  And I don't think they would
accept any other ferrets into their "clic".  but of course.  anything is
possible.  They need a home that is ferret knowledgeable and ready to
take on these 3 wonderful kids for better or worse.  Their cage and toys
go with them.

BamBam: He is an alpha male.  He use to be a with a girl (Pebbles) but
she passed away almost a year ago (before coming here).  Since than he
has been by himself.  He just doesn't seem to like the ferrets that we
have here.  BamBam had adrenal surgery last month.  only to find out that
the fur loss on his butt and tail are not related to adrenal.  His glands
looked normal from what the vet could see.  However, he has a tumor going
along his veina cava.  They couldn't remove it safely so we asked that
they just close him up.  He doesn't act sick or hurt at all.  He loves to
play and loves people.  He needs a single home where he will get the love
he needs until he crosses over to the bridge.  We don't know how long he
has..  Could be weeks..months.  could be years.there is just no telling.
All I know right now is that he is happy and very playful.  He loves the
outdoors and normally puts himself to bed when he gets tired.

Bonnie: She is about 4 years old and is a single.  She could be with
another ferret however it would have to be the right match.  She was with
another one before so we know it's possible.  She LOVES people!  She
seems to really respond to men.  She loves to be out and play.  She needs
that one on one attention that she just doesn't get enough of here (in
my view at least).  She is funny when she plays.  she likes to nip
fingertips.  Not to be mean, just bites harder than normal.  But if you
curl your finger and she only has access to your knuckles she just keeps
bouncing around and won't nip.  She's never drawn blood, just bites
harder on fingertips than anywhere else when she is playing (though
toes are NOT safe!  LOL).  Bonnie is truly a sweetie and so very funny!

If you are interested please give us a call.  (520) 456-0110.  You can
see all their pictures on our website at
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz/30available.html
---we will NOT ship ferrets and cannot adopt to residents of California.

Thank you..

Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter

(feel free to cross-post)