From:
Caterina Venturelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 18:40:21 +0000
Watching the News, I saw this horrible story of the fur industry in
China.  I am still shocked from the images showed.  Animals still alive
are skinned with brutality.  About 30% of the animales have been captured
from the wild, the variety includes foxes, racoons, rabbits and of
course, weasels.  For those that want more information there is a very
good report in PDF format and a video at this site:
www.careforthewild.com or directly to:
http://www.careforthewild.com/appeal.asp?apid=31

This is important because the report claims that although many countries
have banned the importation of fur from China there are still other
countries, including USA and some European countries, that are still
buying fur from the Chinese.  Somehow we should find a way to demand our
goverments to be more strict with the laws or create laws that prevent
the comerce of furs obtained at the cost of horrendous suffering and
cruelty.  I felt so sad and helpless when I saw this, is not my intention
to make you feel that bad but is important to be aware at all times of
what is going on in our world and try to be the voice crying for help,
because those animals can not speak for themselves.

Kisses to all your fuzzies and best regards,
Caterina.