From:
Danielle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:13:56 -0800
Re: Petco Babies

I work for Petco, and I know that after they evacuated the customers,
some of the employees went to go back into the building to get the
animals, but they weren't allowed.  After the building blew, they weren't
allowed back in for a day, so by the time they got back in there, most
of the animals had died from freezing to death.  They saved some mice,
gerbils, and a couple of fish, but the rest of the small animals, and
all the birds and reptiles were gone.

My manager was talking about it and how the employees that were working
there were no older than 19, making about $7.00 an hour, and they were
willing to risk their lives for the animals.  I told her that we (my
store) would do the same thing (of course the first animals I would
save would be the ferrets!).

So, I would like to say that if anyone has any problems with Petco
because of the way they treat their animals, this is proof of how much
we actually love them.  The barely-above-minimum-wage employees were
willing to risk their lives for their animals.  Just keep that in mind.

<3

Danielle