From:
Catherine Redinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:33:54 -0800
I just wanted to submit the following:

TinyPrints already said everything I wanted to say, with one exception:
Petco is also very involved with Petfinder, if not affiliated with it,
I'm not sure.

Nearly 100% of my adoptions come from Petfinder.com because I'm in a
rural area.  Petco is constantly donating things specifically to the
shelters through Petfinder.com.  I was able to feed all my cats for
$5 for about three months when they offered special coupons to
Petfinder.com members on their cat food.

Also, at one point they donated 1,000 grooming tables to Petfinder.com
members, first come first serve.  I wasn't able to get one, however, I
could have turned around and sold it for at least $2,000!!!  I'm sure
the group that did get the one in my area did just that.

And these are just off-the-top-of-my-head examples, there are many more.

Petco has their problems just like every business I'm sure.  But as a
whole, company policy is to strive to help animals and shelters and
rescue groups.

Sincerely,
Katie Redinger
The Critter Ranch