From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:19:33 -0700
Please say a silent prayer for Lacey (Face).  She was one of the rescues
that came in with the 34.

She is adrenal.  and underweight.  She was eating and doing ok but I
thought maybe a touch of depression or helicobacter.  However last night
she got worse.  She weighs just over a pound (1.02) and can't really move
too well.  Feeling her tummy this morning I thought it might be a
blockage..

She came to work with me today and then off to the vets.  They did an
x-ray on her and found a mass.  They were not sure if it's a tumor or
blockage.  They didn't know if they can remove it either.  Or if she
would survive surgery.  I told them to do the sub-q fluids on her and try
to get an IV in her and then do surgery.  I knew the surgery had a huge
risk and cost.  but I can't just let her die without trying.

They opened Lacey up and found a huge tumor growing inside her.  It was
attached to several organs.  There was no way to remove it.

My Lacey girl is now at the bridge.  I am in tears here at work... I
could not be with her when she passed.  but I told her about the Rainbow
Bridge this morning and told her how much I loved her and that it was ok.

She will be cremated and her remains will come back to us.

http://www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz/lacy.JPG

Please hug your babies a little closer tonight in memory of Little Miss
Lacey Face.  Her group.  Delta Force will surely miss her.  This morning
when I pulled her out of the cage the other two kids (Spatz and Lady)
were laying with her at the bottom.

Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz