From:
"TinyPrintsOnTheHeart.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:37:31 -0500
Well, let me begin by refreshing everyone's memory.  Calista and Harrison
are two ferrets I got into my shelter back in October.  I got them at a
pet auction when I talked the owner out of them because she was not going
to make it over the night.  She was just about bald, skin over bones,
have seizures due to malnutrition, and very dirty.  She came in with
Harrison who was not far behind her.  They were in a broken glass
aquarium, and when she would seizure, her little paw would wrap around
the broken shards of glass.  I hand fed her around the clock for one
week.  Her body was rigid and she suffered from many issues due to
dehydration.  Harrison, was able to eat and drink on his own.  So he was
fairing much better.  About a week after a stay here, Harrison began to
dook.  The first dook was just so bitter sweet.  Calista had gained 8
ozes, but still had a way to go.  Her legs did not work right, and I
started stretching exercises with her.  I also would add plenty of towels
to their run area so that she could get a good footing.  Her first dook
came 2 months after she was here.  This was by far my best rescue memory,
and will always live in my heart forever.

Yesterday........We went to the Warm Fuzzy Ferret Show.  It was Shirley
and Clarence's last show.  As a local rescue also, we felt it was
important to support her even though there was a blizzard scheduled.
There were alot of cancellations but the die hard ferret people came.  I
entered Harrison, Calista and Sadie, who are all rescue ferrets.  Sadie
is my reformed biter.  Sadie won first in DEW!  Harrison got 2nd in
Rescue and Sable, and Calista, just 3 months after I saved her placed 2nd
in Chocolate and 1st in Rescue!  Her trophy is right by her cage, their
ribbons hanging on their cages.  Thank you to my friend Lisa for paying
for their entry fees.  Harrison was just all full of himself and dooked
and danced the entire day.  You would not think they know what is going
on, but I honestly think they do.  He was just a little show off all day
long.  And their story warmed many hearts.  Thanks to all the Public
Support to allow me to continue to rescue.  Just when I think I can't
afford this anymore...........the public comes through and helps.

Well, as you all know, right before Christmas we took in many sick
ferrets.  The are as follows:

Potter, Reba, Snowdrift, Cinder, Murphy, Peyton, George and now to add to
the list is Crystal.  These ferrets all need immediate care.  They should
have had surgeries a while back but their owners did not do it.  Potter
received his surgery right after the new year.  His walking issue, which
I thought was from low blood surgery has remained with him even though a
large tumor was removed from his pancreas.  He also had his right and
left adrenal tumors removed.  My vet and I treated him for an inner ear
infection but that did not seem to work.  I now feel he may have had a
ruptured ear drum prior to coming here which was never treated.  We are
basically at a loss.  He is however, eating well, and lives on the bottom
of the cage.  He gets alot of run time so that he can have a flat surface
to move around.  I have been giving him therapy also for his legs.  I am
calling my vet tomorrow and scheduling the rest of the crew to go,
however, the thought of $2450+ added to my vet bill is just scary.
Please, Please.........check out our auctions and help me get some much
needed funds.  We also take donation via the SOS:
http://us.1.p.geocities.com/shelter_ferrets_in_need/SOS1.html
so you can
write the donation off on your taxes.  You just have to put TinyPrints
Ferret Rescue in the memo part of your check.  We have a great print of
a black footed ferret for sale.  It was generously donated to me by
PattyFerret.  It is a 151 out of 350.  The link can be found here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4351593062
Get a great print and help support my shelter.  The reserve is $150.00,
and this great collectible will only go up in value.  I have seen Patty's
print and she has it framed, it is WONDERFUL.  Please, help and bid
generously.

You can also send money directly to my vet.  Her address is:
Horsham Vet Clinic
450 Central Ave.
Horsham, Pa. 19044
Just put on your check that this should go onto the TinyPrints Ferret
Rescue Medical Fund.

If you sponsor a surgery ferret for $25.00 or more, we will send you
address labels as a thank you!  The donation link is on my web page.
(Link Below).

Thank you again everyone for allowing me the opportunity to help these
ferrets.

Marguerite from TinyPrints Ferret Rescue

TinyPrints On The Heart.....
TinyPrints Shih Tzu, TinyPrints Ferretry and Rescue
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com
To Give To Our Kids this Christmas-The Giving Tree
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/page4.html
Our Petfinder Page
www.petfinder.org/shelters/PA369.html
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Ebay and Half.com Stores
http://www.stores.ebay.com/tinyprintsferretrescuestore
http://half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?seller_id=1093064