From:
Leslie Cucino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:29:57 -0400
Hi all,

Today I had to take my Rocky in to have his toe checked because the nail
was bleeding, pretty profusely at that.  He had caught it on something
and actually ripped the nail bed but he's fine and the vet said just to
watch it and keep it clean.

Believing that he had caught his nail on something (duh-obviously) I
decided it was clipping time for the other 5.  I usually do this 1-2
times a month.  One by one they were done and when I got to my oldest,
the ferret family Matriarch Shelby, much to my horror I saw that her
littlest toe nail, front left paw, was missing and there was black dried
blood there!

She's in no apparent pain, scampers around as usual; will the nail grow
back?  Her pads and gums are a deep pink/rose, no enormous blood loss and
she doesn't even seem to know its gone.

Thanks,
Leslie