Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:38:27 -0500
Here is the letter I sent.  For those of you that cared enough to
participate, thank you.  Lets keep all paws crossed that it helps.

HappyTails & HappyHearts,

Karen and the Jacksonville Jive
@the Bridge, Jubilee and the Scruff You Gang
http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/HappyHeartsFerret.html
Say no to PETsMART Petition
http://www.petitiononline.com/fer8hapy/petition.html

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please use the link below to visit the petition created concerning
PETsMART's decision to sell ferret kits.

If every signature represents $100.00 spent in your stores monthly, you
stand to lose $215,700.00 per month, $2,588,400.00 per year.  Many of
the signatures are from shelters.  Many of the signatures represent much
more than $100.00 per month.

The loss of your reputation for putting the animal's welfare foremost is,
of course, of far greater value.  That reputation has been a very good
marketing tool, it would be a shame to lose it now.

Please reconsider.  There are too few shelters housing too many ferrets.
In NC I know of only two shelters.  One houses 100 ferrets or better.
The other is fast approaching those numbers.

Here is the link to the petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/fer8hapy/petition.html

Here is a link to a website listing known ferret shelters.  It is updated
every year.

http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/SOS-ShelterList.html

Sincerely,
Karen Douglas