From:
Eleanor Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:13:44 -0500
FYI.  Here is some information I found on the proglycem/diazoxide recall.
It is for the suspension batch below.  I have given the link to the web
address if you would like to read it.  I do not know if this affects any
ferrets or humans on this list.

 June 1, 2004
 Subject: URGENT - Product Recall Notice PROGLYCEM(r) Suspension
 DIN 00503320 Lot# 2GJAB02, 3GJAB01, 3GJAB02A

Oral diazoxide is useful in the management of hypoglycemia due to
hyperinsulinism.  Please take note that an overdose of diazoxide can
cause hyperglycemia which may be associated with ketoacidosis as well
as sodium and fluid retention

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hpfb-dgpsa/tpd-dpt/proglycem_hpc_e.html

Eleanor and the 9 fuzzies