From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:56:17 -0700
I will be offline tomorrow.  My dad and I are going hiking for the day.
tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my moms passing..

<http://www.ferretlover97.terrabox.com/IMO-Ruby_Ruffner.html>
The site listed above is one that Kat made for me.

****************************

 Date:  Sat Dec 20, 2003  1:55 am

Hello everyone...

I am not sure how to write this tonight... So here is what I know...

my dad called me at work today to come with my brother and sister to make
a decision on my mom.  The decision is what to do.  Move her to ICU and
monitor her more and also run more evasive tests which in her condition
could do more damage.... or pray for a miracle....

We have opted for the latter.  We have decided that her comfort means a
lot right now and because moving her to ICU (across the hall) would only
make it harder for her for several reasons, one being my dad couldn't
stay with her 24/7.

They will still continue to look and test but will not do a bone marrow
test or a couple other things that she just couldn't take right now.  The
doctors were very honest with us, so I am trying to be with you all...
the chance of her not making it is great.  This hurts... a lot.  I will
be at the hospital for as long as I can to help both her and my dad and
to be there.  Please pray for a miracle and hope for the best.

Please do me a favor.  tomorrow.  at 9:37 pm (or anytime) look up to the
Heavens and say a little prayer to someone that you know and love that
has passed.  Let them know how much you love them.  Then.  go hug someone
you love and thank them for all they do every day - and yes.  all animals
count.

Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter