Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:16:55 +1100
Hi all... as you may be able to tell, I'm new.  My partner and I got
our first ferret a few days ago (we have another to pick up in January),
though I've wanted one since I was a kid.  His name is Ruben, and he's a
beautiful albino, almost one year old, who had to find a new home after
one of his cagemates started bullying him.

We're having a bit of a problem, though; the first couple of days he was
as sweet as can be, but now he's apparently got a taste for... well, me.

I'm not sure whether he's trying to play or is more serious, since I'm
still learning to read his behaviour, but he seems friendly enough when
he does it.  He always starts off by talking for a bit, then licking a
few times, then a gentle nibble, then a full-on bite (well, not quite
enough to break the skin, but definitely enough to hurt).  I'm the only
person he does it to; he's very sweet to everybody else.  I wondered if
he just doesn't like me, but he seems eager to be in my company - he
deliberately comes to find me, and will wait around beneath me until I
give him some attention (or a finger or toe).

I'm at a loss as to why he's biting me, or how to stop it.  He's desexed,
and always has food available; I always wash my hands after handling
food.  I've tried no-chew sprays, washing with all kinds of soaps,
changing clothes, being with other people, being alone, distracting him
with toys (none of which he seems even vaguely interested in).  Can
anybody help me here?  I just don't understand it ;_;

Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
http://hypercrescendo.net/foxlee/fls/
http://www.furbiddenrealms.com
http://blurty.com/users/leechimera/

"Immaturity - it keeps you young." - The Sandman