From:
Lynn Mac Farlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 20:54:56 -0500
I've noticed that Kat has an Afghan or 2 up for bids.  I want to tell
you that I have won a few of her Afghan's & love everyone.  The one that
is on my bed is a purple one, a VERY purple one & it is used every day.
I usually get up early to do some supplemental feedings & meds & then go
back to bed for awhile.  It is then that I pull that Afghan over me &
snuggle down.  Winter & even summer because in the summer I keep the air
on rather cool in here & in the cooler months the windows are usually
open.  Let me tell you I LOVE Kat's Afghan's & you couldn't get a nicer
gift for yourself or for someone special.  I know that Kat will make
special order Afghan's for you, you come up with an idea or colors that
you like & she will do what she can to please you & her prices are very
reasonable for what you get.  I don't believe she can do this before
Christmas but hey afterwards you or someone you know might have a
birthday or anniversary or a special occasion coming up.

I also have some of Lisette's wonderful art work.  Two wonderful people
got together & had a small auction for my kids, one did the art work &
one, Lisette offered up 2 pieces of artwork.  I didn't know about it
until it was underway when someone tipped me off.  I went to eBay & saw
what was being offered.  I sent the link to several friends that are not
ferret people & let them know what wonderful artwork was on eBay.  I
mentioned that I would love the artwork instead of whatever money was
raised.  A friend who I have never met in person, bid on both items &
won them.  I was shocked to receive the artwork in the mail!  She had
instructed that they be sent to me & wanted me to enjoy them.  Between
these 3 wonderful people I was crying for weeks, just thinking of their
kindness.  If you have never seen Lisette's artwork you are in for a
thrill.  I had no idea how much she put into it until I asked her a
question about something else & she told me that used a certain clay in
making all the little animals & a lot of the small pieces that go into
her work.  People she does this all by hand!  I thought she bought the
pieces already made, but she doesn't, she makes them!  Everything is very
lifelike.  She also has a story for each piece of finished work, which
makes it even more interesting.  If you have a chance to get her artwork,
go for it!  I cannot tell you that if you come up with an idea of
something you would like as a piece of artwork that she will try to make
it for you, but hey, get in touch with her & ask her, what wonderful
gifts for a child or the child in you or that special person that likes
unique artwork.  I have not seen pictures of her fabulous castle yet but
I imagine it is wonderful, so when it is all set up on eBay--go for it!
Contact Kat after the holidays at [log in to unmask] Contact Lisette
at [log in to unmask]

Btw--Chere McCoy has some items for sale at her store
http://332.scifstore.com
in case anyone doesn't know her shelter was hit by both Frances & Jeanne,
her home & shelter were not in good shape.  I don't know how things are
coming along there but in FL insurance companies still have not gotten
to everyone that was hit by the storms & even if they have, checks are
very slow in coming through.  I know Chere lost a lot of food & other
supplies.  The news of the hurricanes are seldom mentioned now, even down
here, but there is still a lot of destruction, still a lot of rebuilding
to do, still an awful lot of people & animals that are homeless.  Chere
is not asking for money without giving you back something, so check out
her store & maybe you will find that special item that you just have got
to have.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels Refuge