From:
sleepyferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 15:41:51 -0500
Hi ,
It is last call for shelters to send in there stories and pictures for
the Giving Tree.  (if you don't have pictures we will make a button with
the ferret's name )

December 16th will be the last day we will be able to accept new ferrets
for the tree.

Kristine and I want to thank everyone who has participated in giving
shelter ferrets a bit of joy this year.  Special thanks for all the
Shelter moms and dads who in their very busy day took the time to gather
pictures and write stories for the tree.  We hope not only has this made
the ferrets Holiday more special, but also hope Shelters and Santa's made
new friends along the way :)

This poem about Giving Tree was sent by our friend Bev :)

Hi Peggy, I wrote this tonight to try and encourage people to be a Santa.
I would love to see them all get a Santa this year.

Wont you show me what love is?

  wont you show me what love is?,
I have heard people call it that name,

I have no mommy or daddy who can cuddle me close,
I have a shelter mommy who tries her very utmost,

But she has so many to cuddle so time is her enemy,
Wont you look at my picture up on the giving tree?,

I need my own special angel who calls out my name,
I want a home or maybe a Santa I am not asking for fame,

Can you spare maybe a hammock in which I can snuggle and dream,
Of a name and home and kisses and finding what love really means,

So many I have heard don't have Santa's please will you hear my plea?,
You have no idea what your gift means to an unloved fuzzy like me,

I am not asking for riches just a hammock a sleep sack or toy,
This will make xmas happy for a lonely girl or boy,

On xmas morning kiss your fuzzys as you hold them think of me,
A ferret who may find love and a Santa as I wait on an xmas tree.

Crazy lady

http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/page1.html

Happy Holidays from.
Kristine and her Elf Peggy :)