From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 08:26:43 -0500
Ah, the joys of ferrets and carpets (-:

My ferrets started going to the bathroom next to the open door in their
ferret room (after being so good these few weeks after moving in).  First
I put their little couch next to the door.  No problem, they decided to
poop in the doorway instead.  I put a fleece blanket over the doorway
area, again no problem - they decided to poop next to the little couch.
I put a towel under and next to the couch, again no problem for the
fuzzies, they decided to poop directly on the towel.

But at last I've outsmarted them.  They've completely (jinxing myself
here) stopped going in the doorway area.  How did I train them?  Simple,
I put plastic runner and a litterpan there.  No fun now to go there! (-:

Risa