From:
Nicole Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:25:36 -0800
Hello all,
I have been reading the FML for a while now, and don't know that I have
ever posted until now.  I am dying to "be owned" by a ferret.  I have
been begging for one or years.  Unfortunately for me my new land lord
refuses to allow me to own ANY pet, let alone something so close to the
dreaded cat or dog.  Good news- I am moving in December and can have
pets, even a ferret or 3.  The reason I am writing is because a new "pet
store" opened in our mall for the holiday season, and I was very
concerned for the welfare of the ferrets being housed in the window.
They were so small and did NOT look old enough to be there to me.  They
were HALF the size of the ones I saw in Pet City in Bloomsburg, and they
got testy when I asked ages the clerk didn't know and the owner was
suspicious.  Probably because I go and play with them at least once a
week.  Not the point, sorry.  These ferrets were small enough that they
fit nose to tail length wise in my hand.  My question is, is that normal?
The poor things just laid there and slept.  Their cage wasn't 100%
immaculate but the only "mess" was maybe an hour old.  There were no
books or real ferret supplies in the store either which also scares me.

If any of you live in Muncy Pa or near the Lycoming Valley mall and you
have room and/ or money for these poor little things please just keep
them in mind.  I wanted so badly to buy them and bring them home anyway,
but I can't afford to get evicted right now.  Hope someone can help.
Have a Merry Christmas and God Bless all the ferret lovers out there who
give so much of their lives to help these darling critters have better
lives.

Tigressfair