Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:41:08 +0800
>Any "meal" is not as good as the real thing, as it is just usually
>by-products from the "human" meat industry i.e.: leftovers.

** "Meal" just means that the ingredient has been ground into a powder.
There is no greater chance of the ingredient containing 'by-products' if
it is a meal.

>keep in mind the following.
>1/ raw foods can transmit bacteria ( do you eat raw meat ?),  so lightly
>cook it to reduce bacterial levels ( there are many papers on this)

** Ferrets have a much stronger stomach acid than humans, but I would be
interested in reading any papers regarding raw meat and ferrets.  Please
post so we can all learn.

>2/ many "raw " meats will make your ferrets STINK...sorry but, there is
>a fine balance between having a pet that eats "pet food" and a stinky
>animal that eats raw foods..

** Please post proof or any further information on this "fact"!

shona