Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:31:00 -0500
From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
As the Eve of Christmas surrounds us we at Ferret Wise are ever thankful:
for:

the email server that is working tonight!

the MANY shelter friends who have shared time, thoughts, and helping
hands this year

the SANTAS who have surprised the Giving Tree kids this year

the donated gift cards and certificates which have provided an abundance
of kibble for our shelter kids

the health we have been able to provide for the 62 ferrets which arrived
from police & ac investigators in 2004

the strength and dedication of our hospice caretakers which allow us to
provide quality care for the old and ill ferrets in our care

the patient, skilled and dedicated veterinarians who care for our
residents

the loving families who have provided good homes through adoption &
foster care for our kids

the wonderful folks who attended Ferretstock V this year and it's
sponsors theferretstore.com & LP Sound Explosion

the dedicated Foster grandparents who aid us in providing required care &
meds with their donations

the Bears' fund contributors who help provide the shelter space and
essentials to care for our charges

the varied education opportunities afforded Ferret Wise in 2004 on behalf
of ferrets

the ability to publish 4 quarterly issues of sound information &
education for ferret families

the opportunity to work with Best Friends Sanctuary's website to provide
sound ferret information

the donated supplies and food from Performance Foods and from shelter
friends this year

the wonderful folks who have supported our programs through eBay
purchases

the dedication of our directors who take time from their busy lives to
help keep Ferret Wise alive and responsive to ferret needs

the ferret shelter community and exchange of information and support to
help better the lives of all ferrets

the SOS organization and it's dedication to ferret emergencies and
assistance to rescues & shelters

the FML and it's wonderful moderator BIG which keeps information flowing
to better life for ferrets

the opportunity to love and care for wonderful little souls in need..
and accept their time as a gift and a lesson.

Ferret Wise Shelter was open for operation EXACTLY 10 years ago.  On
Christmas eve 1994 - not yet licensed we began with 24 little charges who
had no place to go.  Within 3 months the number grew to 67 and then 102.

Tonight, ten years later we begin a new era at Ferret Wise - focused more
on education with the hope less ferrets will be in need of shelter
services.  Our residents remain, older and all special needs faces..  and
receive the best care we can give..  and our hope is to see days when:

the US Humane shelter community will embrace these special animals and
recognize them as companions- affording them due care

the day when Pet stores cease mass distribution of these special pets
which are altered far too young compounding health issues

the veterinary community implements greater schooling for incoming
veterinarians on the domesticated ferret

the day when people stay committed to their pets rather than discard them
for the sake of convenience.

With your continued support we will continue to make strides - to make a
difference for ferrets everywhere.

God Bless you one & all  Have the Happiest of Holidays!

Alicia , shelter Mom & founder
www.ferretwise.org