Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:10:07 EST
From:
I have a 4 yr old female who was scheduled for right adrenal surgery next
week because it was determined a few weeks ago that she had adrenal
disease.  In recent days she hasn't been well, has had hind end weakness
though fasting BG was 70.  She was started on pediapred with no
significant improvement and because she was scheduled for surgery I took
her to her vet for an exam.  An ultrasound was done today and her right
gland is so enlarged it is impeding the vena cava.  The left gland is
enlarged now, it wasn't 2 mo ago.  There is a mass in the pancreas but it
isn't clear if it is a tumor mass or some type of blood clot.  Theory is
the pancreatic mass is playing havoc with BG which in turn may be causing
the hind end weakness.

We have cancelled the surgery for now as she isn't a good candidate.
Lupron, one month depot, was given today, sorry don't know the dosage.
Melatonin implant will be done next week.  (She has been on melatonin
tablets, 1mg, 1xday for several weeks.)  This is being done hopefully to
decrease the size of the right gland enough so that she could undergo
surgery.  She is to have another ultrasound in a month to see if anything
has changed.  If the pancreatic mass is blood clot or similar thing then
hopefully it will reabsorb.  If it is a mass then if she can have adrenal
surgery perhaps that can be resected.

Does this look like a reasonable plan?  Any input would be appreciated.
I would guess that there are others on this list who have faced a similar
situation.

Thanks
Ann