From:
Kristen Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:19:13 EST
Recently I have read about a condition that strikes blaze and panda
ferrets called Waardenburgs Syndrome and that ferrets who posses this
have a high likelihood that they are deaf.  My Sparky, is a panda ferret,
who I'm pretty sure is either deaf or pretty darned close!  When I called
my vet - I was shocked to hear that did not know what I was talking
about!  I called three other vets in the area that claim to specialize
in ferrets and the closest thing I got was "well I guess we could look it
up".  Should I be alarmed that none of these vets know what I'm talking
about?

If anyone out there has any information on this topic or if anyone knows
of any vets that might be able to offer me some help - Sparky and I would
just be tickled!

Kristen and The Sunny Bunch, Sparky, Snickers and  E-E