From:
Todd Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:16:06 -0500
Mattie was my first ferret after a year or so of lurking around the
ferret list trying to figure out if I was ready to take on a ferret in
the house.  I learned that there is no way to be prepared for a ferret
and almost 8 years later there is no way to prepare for one leaving for
the Rainbow Bridge meadow.

I never posted much but when I needed help you all were there -- a
response, an e-mail or a magically relevant post right when I needed it.
Thank you all for making my time together with Mattie a fun and wondrous
experience.

Her one year younger playmate Beeper is frantic and I wish I could speak
ferret to help her understand.  They have not been separated for more
than a night since I brought them together and is breaking my heart to
see her searching the play room for a friend is who is no longer here.
Mattie got sick suddenly yesterday and faded rapidly.  The vet diagnosed
some masses and severe shock; prognosis almost zero percent.  I am
thankful she was happy and healthy right up to the end!  She crossed
over this afternoon.

She only had me and Beeper in her tiny social circle so I would ask that
Sandee and friends greet her as soon as she pads her way into this new
world.  She loves Ferretone and crinkly bags ...

I'll miss my first furry friend -- she changed my life forever and
brought happiness into my stressful human world.  It's hard to worry
about work when you have a ferret dance going on every night when you
come home!

Thank you Mattie.  We'll miss you!

Todd Collins
Dayton Ohio