From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:43:22 EST
There are no Ferret Nazis at the symposiums worry not.  The Oracle will
make sure and bop them on the head.

Seriously, it amazes me how sweet everyone is at the symposiums.  How
supportive, non-combative, and considerate people are.  Now is this
because only the "sweet people" go?  Nope.  There is a whole array of
people who attend.  You'll find men in business suits and young girls
with full sleeve tats.  You'll find new owners and experienced breeders.

I remember in Vegas, there was one gal that attended who was quite fierce
on the FML ... well, actually that's quite generous.  She was mean to the
quick.  And many people left to never return due to her.  I was shocked
to see there were no snakes protruding out of her head snapping at people
passing by.  She was well behaved.  Until the end.  Of course there were
some callous remarks that flew from her lips.  But other than that, she
didn't hurt anyone, detract from the event, etc.

Why is this?  A few reasons.  One is that the air there is so incredibly
light and nuturing it just changes people I think.  It brings out the
best in everyone.  It bonds people.  Not to mention there would be a
great effort on the part of everyone around if something questionable
ever occured if you know what I mean.  One reason is that people are
just people, not proffesional writers.  I am friends with a couple people
whom I not tolerate online due to how they type, but I know them via
phone or through the symposiums.  So now when I read their type, I hear
them speaking and all their tones and meanings.  So its' all good.  Many
people just aren't capable of getting their full meaning across tactfully
in text.  The other reason, and I hate to say it, is that it's so much
easier to be critical, judgemental, firm, or even confrontational when
you are hiding behind the moniter next to that on off switch.  Its a
cowardly thing plain and simple.  And not one of us is 100% innocent in
this regard.  The symposium squashes that factor.

So worry not.  Ferret Nazi's are on their best behavior and regular
people do not get overcome with Ferret Nazi spirits which can possess
all of us.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com