From:
Marta Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 02:10:21 -0600
Hello there.I used to be a member of the FML, but have been out of touch
for a while (as Bill reminded me 4 years, 5 months and 23 days), LOL.
Some of you might remember me, I used to run Fuzzy Kisses Ferret Shelter
here in Arkansas.  At this point, the shelter is pretty well shut down,
it was a choice of shutting down or hurting some of the owners who turned
in dying ferrets to me because they couldn't bear to see them die..<sigh>

All but one of my original ferrets, who were mostly unadoptables, are
gone now.  Spice is the only one of the Original remaining and she's
nearly 8 years old.  But I've begun fostering/long term caring for some
ferrets for another shelter.  Suki, who I got in a few weeks ago was
the first and then last week I went and picked up a couple of biters,
Fraisure and Maraiah.  Mariah looks so much like my first ferret Pepper
that I cried and had to turn away when I saw her..

Anyway.these two babies came with cards (may or may not be theirs
originally) from a company called Petersen Ferrets..  Anyone have any
information about them?  Any tattoos they use or anything?  Fras and
Mariah are really sweet.yes, they bite, but I've figured out mostly why.
Fras is a cage protector who hasn't bitten out of the cage yet, and
Mariah is a fear biter..  Their Shelter Mom told me if I couldn't rehab
them, I could adopt them and I probably will.  I can usually work a
Cage protector out of biting, but a fear biter will almost always be a
problem to place in my experience, since they need experienced homes.

Anyway, if anyone has any information on Petersen ferrets, I'd
appreciate it.

Marta Towne
Spice, Suki, Fras and Mariah