From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:53:32 +0100
To all European readers

Last year we organized the first Dutch ferret symposium, which was a
big success.  Several people have asked me if it would be possible to
organize one in English.  The advantage of doing the next symposium in
English is that we would have a better selection of speakers to chose
from, Holland is small and the people that really know a lot about ferret
are few and far between, It would also give us the advantage of asking
other Europeans to come and speak about how they do things in their
country.  The disadvantage is that we would lose a lot of our Dutch
visitors, due to not understanding all the speakers, Then again we still
got 230 visitors for the last symposium and I think most came for Bob
Church.  Anyway the next symposium is in the planning for November 2006
and to decide whether we do it in English or Dutch, I would like to know
how many people in Europe would be prepared to travel to Holland for the
symposium.  If we feel that there are enough people interested and are
prepared to take the time and expense then we will think about doing it
all in English.  I can tell you that Bob Church will be there.

Stephenie
Stichting "De Fret" Netherlands