Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Ferret Mailing List (FML)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1993 04:05:37 -0400
[log in to unmask] writes:

>Geriatric Class: This class is open to all ferrets 5 years of age or older.
>Handicap Class: This class is open to all ferrets with a noticeable handi-
>cap.
>Kit Class: All kits 12 weeks old,but less than 6 months on the date of
>the show.

To me, "geriatric" sounds a bit extreme. In Sweden, we call it
"senior class", and it's for those aged 6 years or more. So far,
we haven't had any entrants in a national show in that class
(and I don't think in regional shows either), but I don't think
it means there haven't been ferrets that old in shows, just that
they've entered in the standard class.

We don't have a "kit" class, the junior class is for those up
to 12 months.

What's "handicap class"? (From dog shows here, I know that
injuries aren't taken into account, and since one of the main
purposes with shows are to judge which animals to breed, anyone
with an inheritable defect shouldn't enter at all.)
--
 Urban Fredriksson  [log in to unmask]
 There must be some truth to the saying that Allah doesn't subtract from