From:
Toram Oslo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:06:21 +0000
After reading the list over the last week or so and I have come to the
conclusion that that as well as having a list of letters numbered, if the
actual letters were numbered it would save time looking for the letters

Thanks

[Moderator's note: Yes, good idea.  I agree it would be nice and many
people ask that question.  The server can't do that now because it's not
in the digest standards described by RFCs 1153 and 1521, which are the
two standards the server adheres to.  I'm not saying the standards don't
need overhauling but until that happens I don't think the server will
change.  It's very standards compliant, perhaps to a fault.  BIG]