From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:16:14 -0500
>I just wanted to let you all know that the little Dutch ferret with two
>feet on her back legs has had her corrections done.  She needed two
>operations and is now doing very well, as her shelter mum said, they
>still don't look like ferret feet, but at least they don't look like a
>bunch of grapes anymore.  She is now running and finally learning to
>climb.
>
>Sukie if Hanneke hasn't sent you the photos let me know, on the x ray
>you could really see the bones of both the two feet.  weird.

Marvelous news!

Hi, Stephanie, no she hasn't sent me the latest photos, yet.  I look
forward to seeing them.

For those who are curious, it's not actually extra feet though it has
that appearance.  The treating vet is Dr. Hanneke Moorman-Roest, a very
sweet and accomplished lady, and and we've talked about the ferret.

To see what the feet are like you need you know first that the ferret
was diagnosed months ago as having polydactyly with partial syndacyly.
There are some excellent websites out there on humans with these two
things (which can go together) and some on cats.  One of the human ones
from a Polish orthopedic surgeon had the best photos months ago.  I have
no time to check now, but FML members can use Google.com and look up the
two conditions.