From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 09:51:44 -0600
Last year for christmas, a dear friend asked what I would like and I
suggested he make a donation to his favorite charity.  Earlier this year
he died unexpectedly.  In his memory, I picked a little one from the
ferret giving tree.

Sadly, I'm unable to pick as many as I would like to and each day the
tree grows with new little faces.  These little ones don't ask for much,
treats-toys-cozy hammock-sleep sacks, things that aren't that costly and
for those that can sew, even less costly.

Is there anyone that can sew hammocks or hammocks, that would be willing
to offer them at minimal cost for those of us that are sew handicapped
to send to the little ferret elves on the trees?  I'm not asking for them
to be free, only to be very reasonably affordable, to cover your costs of
materials and a bit for your efforts, and shipping of course.  I'm not
asking for this to be for personal use, but for the little ones on the
trees.

Please consider one or more of the little ones to be their santa to.

Please help spread the word.  Send a request to radio stations, asking
that they help let others know by giving out the url.  Try to keep your
explanation of what the tree is short and to the point, but let's all
try to get the word out for these precious little ones.

I know it's a very busy time for all of us, and costly when we have
family and friends to buy gifts for but these little ones need us.  They
don't have family and friends to share their christmas with.  If each of
us just picks one ferret there will be far fewer left on the trees.

http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/page12.html

How many times have we received 'stuff' gifts or given 'stuff' gifts.
'Stuff' gifts are things that aren't needed and not necessarily wanted
but just something to give.  I stopped giving and requested not to get
'stuff' gifts many years ago.  It's a waste of money, time, effort, and
I'd much rather 'give' to those who need it both ferrets and humans and I
request that others do the same.  Yes, there are things I could use that
would come in handy, but I can do without and still do just fine.

So please, consider being a santa to a little one on the giving tree and
help spread the word of their needs too.

Oh, and there are still 4 left on page 3, all at the same shelter so if
someone chooses all four they'd only need send one big box!

Hugs and happy holidays to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services
http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org