From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:04:12 -0800
Wow, I'm so jealous!  Do you know what I saw today?  I saw a ferret come
across the bridge in a coat that would make a mink jealous.  Minnie
didn't just walk across the bridge ... she worked that bridge like it was
a catwalk.  Then she paused to groom herself, making sure each hair was
in place before introducing herself.  I asked if I could touch her coat,
and she said, "Sure".  Wow, was it thick and soft.  She had some slight
markings on her white coat, giving it lots of character.

I told her to come on and see the sites.  So we hopped along to where
Ernie, Cinders, and Jesse were waiting.  Then I had to sit and wait while
they admired her pretty fur.  Finally we could get down to business.  We
went over to the treat bar and took turns tossing yogis up in the air and
seeing who could catch the most in their mouths.  She was quite good at
this.  It was obvioius that she liked a little competition.  So we went
over to the tube races.  I introduced her to Harley, the president of
Kouri Fan Klub up here on the bridge.  He is the current national
champion here.  They lined up next to parrallel tubes, narrowed their
eyes, and listened for the squeaky starter.  Off they went!  The sound
of paws and nails echoing through tubes attracted ferret angels from all
over as usual.  They all dooked and danced with excitment.  Across the
clouds they zipped, up and down, and all around, until they were about
to shoot out at the other end.  But of course it wouldn't be a proper
competition if some ferrets were mischeviosly meddling in the affair now
would it?!  Muldoone and Saraferret were waiting at the end of the tubes,
butts sticking in and giggling.  The races outcome -- unknown.

I snagged Minnie and told her it was almost night and there was something
special to go see anyway.  We had front row seats waiting for us.  So we
went to edge of a cloud, watched the sun set, night fall, and we finally
saw it: Jupiter rising over the moons mountains.  How neat was that?!  I
looked over at Minnie and told her that she has nothing but new things in
the horizen to look forward to just like Jupiter.  Her brothers, sisters,
and mommy will be rising up to her one day ... and they will be together
again.

Sandee