From:
DiAnne Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 08:47:18 EST
On November 18th I adopted a sweet fuzzie from the local SPCA.  He was
rescued from a situation where his 3 cage-mates were already dead.
Murphy, himself, was infested with fleas and missing patches of hair.
The vet at the SPCA felt this was from the fleas, I knew better.  When I
took him to my ferret-savvy vet she confirmed it was adrenal disease, but
there was a more serious problem.  He had infection in his bladder and
prostrate.  In the very short time he was with us, Murphy made us laugh
and cry.  He always gave big kisses and his new friends Bandit, Chloe,
and Chris never left his side.  In their own way, they all knew how sick
he was and snuggled with him right up until the end.  Ferrets are truly
amazing little critters who will continue to teach us just how precious
life really is.

DiAnne
Bandit, Chloe, Chris (SPCA Rescue), Jack (SPCA Rescue)
Buffalo, NY
Murphy...always in our hearts...say Hi to Butters, Kylie and Uncle Chris.