From:
Doug Stockman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 20:24:36 EST
Yvonne---your ferret has insulanoma and needs to be on pred asap and or
surguery.  This is just the opposite of diabetices.  Insulanoma is the
no 1 ferret problem now,even ahead of adrenal.  You will be needing a
gluco meter to ck blood sugar levels now and then.  If he was diabetic
he would have to be on insulin----not sugar.  Find another vet!!!!!

[Moderator's note: You certainly make sense, but even the most
incompetent vet in the world is likely to know the difference between
the two diseases, so we might not know the entire story.  Perhaps the
sugar was given because the diabetic ferret was over-medicated?  I
think we just don't know at this point.  BIG]