From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 06:52:38 -0800
This short-ish form recipe for ferret "duck" soup is by Susie Lee of the
Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc.

Take your best kitten food or some mazuri ferret food and cook it into a
soft, gloppy stuff in a pot of purified or filtered water, (on a Low
heat, but it's done *after* the pot comes a-bubbling for several minutes
so that ANY mold/mildew/old bacteria which May have been re-starting in
the already opened bags of high-protien kibble has Zero chances of
existence) while it's cooking add a sprinkle of cinnamon powder (not
sugared) which has anti-bacterial properties that keep intestinal ulcers
away (in humans, too), a capsule or two, or a *tiny* sprinkle of that
echinacea you oughtta have hanging around for immune system support, a
couple of tablespoons of the ferretone, or if there's none, then two
TEAspoons (half as much) of pure virgin olive oil, a Dash of
ginger-powder, which has anti-nausea properties and a LITTLE is good
for ill critters of many sorts.  a single jar of turkey-rice babyfood
with the peas-and-carrots in it of "stage 2", already pureed, will give
your furkid(s) all the vitamin c they can handle, plus that ineffable
"gotta-have it" carroty flavoring from the babyfood.  After it's been
a-bubbling for 5 to 10 minutes-ish, crack into it several whole eggs,
(whole eggs have every vitamin there is, except vit.C, so do not add
any vitaminized stuff, besides, you got your missing little bit of "C"
from that babyfood, remember?) then right-away blend it with a low-speed
mixer of some sort, or else a heavy hand-whip, and it should sloosh
itself into a sleek and tempting mousse.  Put this in clean jars into
your refridgerator, as much as you figure you'll be feeding your
ferret(s) for about three days's worth, and all the rest freeze.  Either
in bagged ice-trays or easily-micro-zappy-defrosted-spoon-out-able jars
will do the trick.

So that's my "short"-version.  I also like to add just two drops of
colloidal silver which does help heal brittle-bones or busted ones, and
red clover flowers, another immune-system booster which seems to help
them fight cancers better, and a single tablet of papaya enzyme to help
sort of pre-break-down the protiens and aid the digestion a tad, and
when I can get it, a Bit of powdered pycnogenol.

Look at Jazzmine Miss-Boss, on this stuff as her supplement for eight
years, since we've gotten her at age 5...(january, 2005, she's 13 years
young and Very Hearty!)see near the bottom of the web-page.
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html