From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:59:24 -0800
Well, about 3 weeks to go before the big day and there's still quite a
few kids left on the trees.  I'd just like to share with all of you how
I've managed to help a few of them....

Us "animal freaks" at work are doing a gift exchange for our four legged
loves.  I asked that instead of getting stuff for my girls (who want for
nothing), if they could please combine their efforts and pick a kid off
the tree.  I sent them the link, suggested a gift certificate, and they
agreed.

I also spoke to my brother and sister-in-law and asked them to please
pick a kid each off the tree in lieu of buying something for me.  I sent
them the link, and told them if they needed help in buying stuff to let
me know.  They agreed.  Again, the gift certificate seemed to make it
easier on them.

In the end I've found that if we make it easier for "non" ferret people
to contribute, they'll be more likely to cooperate.  Gift certificates
seem to be the favorite option for them. :-)

As for us ferret folks, perhaps instead of a gift exchange amongst
ourselves - we can offer to pick a kid off one of the trees on our
friend's behalf?

I know that most of us can't afford to pick more than 1 or 2 kids.  So
I'm just sharing my ideas with the hope that we can all take care of
"just one more"...

[OR]