From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 06:29:53 -0800
Remember I told you that there were two new arrivals?  Well, one of them
was an old lady named Kia.  Her arrival was pretty dramatic.  Let me tell
you about it.

I was at my usual post awaiting the new angel when I heard a tap, tap,
tap, tap at the other end of the bridge.  It was Kia with a cane.  As she
walked the worn wood planks of the bridge, the cane slowly disappeared, a
light began to glimmer in her eyes, and a very plush coat began to cover
her body.  Then as she walked, her worn body began to change to a very
muscular one.  When she came to the end of the bridge, she leapt off of
it with a mighty jump and landed right in front of me doing the ferret
laugh.  "Hee heee heee!"

Wow, what an entrance!  In her minds eye, this is what she always felt
like inside.  I went to introduce myself and to slowly explain where she
was, but she stopped me.  "No need to explain" she said.  She said she
has long knew about the Rainbow Bridge and even about me!  So I told her
that I had a surprise for her.  I mean it was obvious that it was going
to take something pretty major to surprise this wise lady.

We loped across the heather and the meadows, past the tube races the
shelter kids were engaged in, through Foamy Fry Forrest, all the way to
Fleece Mountain.  She was a bit annoyed because she really felt too good
to settle down and cuddle in the fleece.  I told her to hold on.  She
rolled her eyes and sighed.  Just when she was at the end of her sigh a
ferret popped out of the fleece, flew through the air and pounced on Kia.
BOOF!  Her huge eyes looked up into the face of her lost brother Phoenix.
"Surpriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise!  Dook dook dook!" She just couldn't believe
it.  "No more lonely," she asked us?  Phoenix replied, "No more lonely".
Well, they had quite a reunion.  But I couldn't leave just yet.  You see
there was yet another suprise.

"Kia, I've helped Sandee work on a surprise for you." She couldn't
believe there was yet another one.  How could any surprise top seeing
Phoenix again.  I told her it couldn't, but it was pretty darn good
nonetheless.  So off we went.  We finally came to a special cloud.
And Phoenix presented her with ... her own beauty parlor!  There was
already a line of ferrets that had formed all waiting to be groomed.
She couldn't believe it.  Phoenix said that he knew she'd like it.  And
then he stood before her, smiled, and said, "I'm your first customer."

Sandee