From:
sleepyferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:58:32 -0500
Last night Kristine placed the last Stocking on the giving tree.
Everyone got a Santa.  We want to thank everyone who filled those
stockings :)  Over 400 ferrets (including Paris rescue) were represented
on the tree this year.  Considering your generous gifts even more got
presents.  Thank you so much!

Our friend Crazy Lady writes to you....

I have been chosen to speak for my friends,
Too one and all our love we send,

We were ferrets on a giving tree,
Just names and faces for all to see,

A tree that took many hours to create,
Built out of love not hurt or hate,

It was shown to a world of people who care,
Not people who scorn or harm or stare,

Many of you sent parcels large and small,
But your gift of love was the best gift of all,

In hammocks and sleepsacks we snuggle up warm,
Knowing out there we have an angel who will prevent harm,

For on these gifts we can smell your love,
And for once our lives feel really good,

You have given us hope that maybe one day,
We will find a home where forever we will stay,

You also brought tears to many shelter moms eyes,
Your gifts helped to show you know that they try,

There lives are not that easy they experience tiredness and pain,
But they never give up for caring and loving is there name,

My friends and I would like to now give you a gift,
Its a secret we share that you might of missed,

On a starry night look way up high,
Do you see that twinkling in the sky?,

Those are our friends sending love to you,
Ferret friends old and ferret friends new,

Some were on the tree but could not stay,
But they will share our gifts in a special way,

For the thought of your kindness touched there soul,
Your love and kindness will never grow old,

And to Kristine and Peggy and all of the tree friends,
A special hug and kiss we would like to send,

For without you there would be no trees,
Helping lonely ferrets like my friends and me,

To all of the Santa's we would like to say,
God bless you all for caring this way,

We will never forget you our whole life through,
Xmas is now warm and happy thanks to you,

All that is left now for me to say,
Is merry xmas and may good fortune always come your way.

Taffy spokes ferret for the giving tree ferrets!

with a little help from crazy lady.