From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 00:31:24 -0500
When Mikette was a biter (she's mostly reformed) what worked was using a
spray water bottle.  When she bit I would spray her with a bit of water
and say "no bite".  If she was sniffing suspiciously around guests ankles
(her favorite spot) I would spray a bit of water next to her as a warning
shot and remind her "no bite".  Eventually she learned to associate the
water bottle and just it's presence reminded her to be on her best
behavior.  The water bottle isn't needed anymore, she's stopped biting.
In the past when she's had a biting set-back a simple water bottle
reminder gets her back on her back on track.

Good luck!
Risa