Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:47:30 -0800
I just came across this info. when doing some research on Prednisone
that I need to get for one of my ferrets . . .

Does anyone have any insight they could provide on "Transdermal Drug
Delivery via Rapid Absorption Creams"?

Apparently this is the process of administering medication doses by
rubbing a very small amount of medication into the skin on the inside of
the ear (or anywhere the animal can't lick and has no hair, like when
administering flea drops).

It appears that Prednisone is one of the medications available in a
transdermal gel or cream so why then have I not heard any vet prescribe
Pred in this form for ferrets?

I would think it would be a much less stressful way to administer this
particular medication to ferrets, esp.  those whose stress level is
agitated even more when given Pred with no flavoring.....Gosh, if I could
avoid having to go to all of the trouble to locate Prednisone syrup in a
sugar-free formula (like I prefer) and could use the transdermal gel
method instead, that would be a HUGE stress-reliever on ME!!!

Thanks for any info you can pass along!  "We" would great appreciate it!

Warmest Regards,
Jennifer, Sasha, Snowy, and Phoebe