Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 03:09:08 -0800
From:
>I bought some of the only kind of pellets I could find, but they dont
>say what kind of wood they are made of, and I know its only suppossed to
>be hardwood kind.

*ALL* wood pellets are safe to use as litter or bedding.  However,
hardwood pellets are the best, but harder to find.  If the package is
not marked, then it is probably a softwood based pellet.

As for safety.  Wood pulp is soaked in a solution and then extruded at
high heat and high pressure through a 'head' containing 1000's of holes.
This high heat and pressure effectively boils off the esters (phenols)
that are harmful to living creatures.

There are those few animals that are allergic to certain types of wood
and will react to the use of wood pellets.  This is NOT due to the
phenols, only the wood itself.

MC, The Rude One
(With Bancho, Artemus, Rudy, and Abraham.  In spirit, Bubba, Billy-Bob,
Garret, Tuzigoot, Snorkle, and Squeeks.)