Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 03:44:26 -0500
From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Thank you for your kind words, Krisztina, but I really just provided GB
with information from some *excellent* sources like
http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org
 and
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html

Here are some of the direct URLs which I sent privately geared to the
specifics he mentioned so they weren't in the FML (and I also strongly,
strongly, strongly recommend the past posts by Dr. Tom Willard whose
doctorate is in veterinary nutrition and more of the writings of Dr,
Bruce Williams at the afip URL above):
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=YG2341
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=YG5327
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG259
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=YG6139
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0407&L=ferret-search&P=R6425
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0407&L=ferret-search&P=R10693
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0407&L=ferret-search&P=R11978
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0407&L=ferret-search&P=R13106
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0407&L=ferret-search&P=R13530

By the way, a selection of wonderful resources (but certainly not all
wonderful resources) related to ferret health and their well-being can
be found at
http://www.ferretcongress.org

>But I have noticed for 2-3 weeks, that he has became a very unfriendly
>ferret with humans (he tries to send off our friends from our flat, if
>they don't understand his attempt, he bites very hard.) but he likes us
>as before.  I don't understand his behavior.  Could you help me why does
>he do this?
>
>Does he try to protect us, Lui or his territory?

That is possible but also possible is an adrenal growth.  I advise
reading about those so that you already have that information and
sharing it with your vet.
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/aae.html
is helpful and the adrenal posts by Dr. Jerry Murray ( Use AFERRETVET
in the from part of the search.) in the sonic-weasel address above are
marvelous.  Although I haven't mentioned it earlier in this post the
following site is a treasure for adrenal growth information:
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc

Rebecca, I think that it is marvelous that you know those researchers
who have made such headway with paralysis!  Ferrets don't often have
spinal cord injuries; most of their hind leg problems are actually part
of the way they respond to many severe illnesses, esp.  Insulinoma, but
now and then one does hear of ferrets who do have injured spinal cords.

It will be wonderful if many species are helped by this work.  I didn't
even first hear of that from a science news source; it was just in a
regular internet press source.

I am SO enjoying the "What my ferret taught me" posts!  They have such
wisdom and smiles in them!