Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:45:17 -0500
Hail the list!

I'm having a little problem, and I think you guys are just the people to
talk to.  I have a little girl, she's about 4.5 years old.  Her name is
Amber, and she's one of six (Conan 6, Sigmar 5, Amber & Apache 4, Max
(rescue) 3 or 4, Feyd 2).  Amber has had a serious problem with biting
since she was a baby.  Now, I'm not talking like..  regular baby nipping.
I purchased Apache and Amber together..  and Apache had a real nipping
problem.  but Amber..  she just likes to plain old BITE.  I've had them
both since they were small, and they were from a Canadian ferret farm
(They were both impulse ferrets..  I already had two..  and I just
wanted one more..  but..  I got two instead because the lady gave me a
discount.... ><).  They had alot of aggression problems when they were
small, but Apache seemed to quiet out.  and I thought Amber would do
the same.  Nada..  I was very wrong.  Nothing works with her..  no loud
noises, no bitter apple..  she just likes to bite.  No one has ever been
mean to her, not here anyway, so I'm extremely clueless She can hear me,
she can see me... but after she's been out for awhile..  she just bites.

Today she grabbed my arm and just went to town on it..  and I can't do
this anymore.  I love her, but I don't think I can handle her.  Is there
possibly a shelter nearby?  I live about an hour out of Tulsa, and would
be willing to drive her.  I just don't think I can DO anything else.  I
want to be loving, but sometimes you have to know when to find a better
resolution and admit defeat.  I'm tired of having to be cautious every
time I enter their room, and my mother is too.  It's hazardous for my
mom, because she's diabetic..  but she WANTS to play with the babies..
so I think the best solution is to find someone who can better deal with
this problem.  I'd also like to pick up another ferret to round out my
troop, and maybe find one that will be ready for a loving home.  I don't
want to sound like a bad parent... All of mine are very well cared for..
but I just don't really understand this.  *scratches head*

Anyway, Just looking for a little help..
Carla