From:
Dean and Becky DeGeer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:02:59 -0700
This is not directly ferret-related, but good for people to know.

A few days ago, someone posted that 3 of her 6 dogs on Revolution came
down with heartworm.

What a lot of people don't realize, is that if you buy your preventative
through your vet, and your pet gets heartworm (or any of the other
parasites it's supposed to prevent), the company should cover the cost
of treatment 100%.  If this happens to you, ask your vet to contact the
company about covering treatment.  (I know for sure this applies to
Sentinel, Heartguard, Topspot, Advantage, and ProHeart, and I would
imagine it would apply to Revolution, also.)  The only question might
be if they would refuse to cover ferrets, because use in ferrets is
off-label.

Please be aware, this ONLY applies if you purchase your preventative
FROM YOUR VET'S OFFICE.  If you bought it online or through a petstore
or other supplier, you're out of luck.

Bright Blessings,

Becky
with Kodi, Twizzler, and Tanner
missing Cinnamon, Coke, Pixie, Chitterbox, and Yozum