From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:45:04 -0700
(This is Susie Lee in un-harmed Pensacola, trying to help out Chere McCoy
and the Ferret Friends in the Vero Beach, Florida, area where they took a
nearly direct "hit" from Hurricane Frances, ((some 900 miles away from
our own location)) by helping to crosspost Chere's call for help, which
is as follows...)

We are on line only because we borrowed a computer so I will make this
quick.  We are physically O.K.  Shelter has to be repaired.  No Water,
Not Electric, phone in and out we need some money for basic's such as
food and also Money sent to vet.  Will try to write more later.  It's
really horrible here.  Ferrets are at a secure house, but must move them
soon back to shelter even while it is being repaired.  People can also
donate at paypal to [log in to unmask] Sorry this is so short but others
want to use the computer

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County Ferret Shelter
8775 20th Street, lot 614
Vero Beach, FL   32966-3065

Will try to borrow another computer that is not on line but is working
and write a more extensive message and then copy it onto the computer
they are letting us use, and send it our we have a 15 minute time limit

(this note was originally posted in TimmyFerret on the yahoogroups.com
  ...Susie Lee of The Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc.)