From:
Mark Zmyewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:53:18 -0500
Hi, everyone.

I have a six year old ferret who had his left adrenal removed two years
ago.  About one year ago, the right adrenal was frozen.  Unfortunately,
it looks like some tissue survived the freezing process because Bandit
is showing signs of adrenal disease again; a bald spot is forming on his
head and he drags his rear legs over his toys.  Blood was taken and we
are waiting the results of the adrenal panel, but I am pretty sure it's
going to be positive.

Another development with this is that Bandit's prostate is enlarged
causing Bandit to have difficulty urinating.  This in turn has caused a
urinary tract infection that we are now treating.  My question is just
how do I treat the enlarged prostate?  Will the removal of the diseased
adrenal tissue be enough to cause the prostate to shrink?

-Mark Zmyewski
 Huntsville, Alabama