From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:31:05 EDT
Personally, the Laughing Out Loud column is one of my favorites.  Okay,
it is my favorite ... because I get to read stories from owners all over,
about all the weird and neat things that ferrets do.  They are not
longwinded (like my typical articles are).  They are tiny short ditties
that I can read at my own leisure.  And some of the stories have been
real humdingers.  Paddingtons story and Petey TPO's story were hilarious.

I saw in this last issue, that Ferrets Mag is to retire the Column.  I
was so sad about that.  Perhaps not enough responses and stories were
sent in?  If that's so, I think that's because most people think to
themselves humbly, "awe, my story will never get in." And you'd be
shocked at the chances of getting in are!  Ferrets does a spectacular job
at letting readers be heard whether in comment, question, or sharing.
I'm wondering if another reason peopl e might not be sharing stories
because we all get used to these little clown's antics?  I mean I can't
tell you how many times a week a friend will think something in my life
with these guys is just outlandish, but has gotten to not j ust be normal
for me and very ho-hum.

I love finding "new sitters" for my ferrets.  This is because I can live
vicariously through them while they are exposed to the every day
activities of these animals.  I get phone calls, every day, "OH MY GOSH,
Rocky has his mouth open, he's thrashing about, I'm stuck here in the
corner, and every time I move he has a fit.  I don't think he's okay,
should I bring him to the vet??  I don't wanna be attached!" It's like I
get to be a first time owner all over again.  I get to see their
behaviors and adventures through fresh eyes.

Maybe we sort of become ... all things ferret.  Anyway, I wanted to say
I love the column too, I will miss it, and I hope Ferrets mag someday
presents us with an equally titillating column.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com