From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 12:18:49 EDT
Hello all ~

I'm not sure if I got all of the immunization posts or not.  But it's a
field I have studied long and hard.  When you decide to go for a degree
in "natural health" you are placed in the position to hear what is wrong
with "allopathic or AMA health."  What I can share with you is that I
feel there is a place for both, as long as either medicine is safely
done, competently researched, and the patient asks and believes in the
treatment.

One of the lectures in our big Medical Herbalism course is on immunity.
I'm just going to put up a bit here and reduce it some.

When Louis Pasteur did his research on immunity he postulated that
illness and disease was caused by microzoia which he called "germs."  His
theory which became highly supported, is now called "The Germ Theory."
His solution to germs was to give them medications which would wipe them
out.  This worked for almost 100 years or more and then we began seeing
nasty little bugs that became resistent to these antibiotics.  Now we're
making more potent antibiotics...and you see where this goes...more
resistence, etc.

A contemporary of Pasteur's, another French scientist called Bechamps,
looked over Pasteur's work and disagreed, very publically at that time.
His theory of illness asked the following question: Why does one child in
the classroom get the flu or a cold, and the one next to her does not?
Why does my mom get a virus and I do not while I am living in the same
household?  His postulation said it is the person's basic immune system
capacity that either accepts or rejects germs.  It's the condition of
one's immunity that will allow for illness in one person and not another.
His theory is referred to as "The Wellness Theory."  Dr. Paavo Airola in
his book "Everywoman's Body," write on this in more detail.

Interestingly enough on is deathbed, Pasteur recanted his theory.  He
was familiar with the work of Bechamp and actually supported it more.
The reason Pasteur's concept was so fully and quickly embraced is because
it offered a logical and affordable answer to illness at the time.  Dr.
Airola feels this slip in judgment put medicine back over 100 years.

The issue of whether to immunize someone or not is a very hot button in
many health communities.  I tend to lean more towards Bechamp's Wellness
Theory and approach illness, when it comes in my door, differently.  I
also do a ton of preventative care so that some of my folks and animals
I work with, can ward off flu and viruses.

With that said the "viral plagues" such as polio, ebola, hanta, and etc
are all terrible killers.  So it's in everyone's best interests to
research for yourself and become a very well informed consumer of your
own medical health.  My personal feeling is that the state of our
medicine in the 50's and 60's (while not as sophisticated as todays), was
much more responsible in it's research-to-market responsibility.  Back
then you hardly heard of the tragedies you hear of today with massive
drug recalls, and too quick-to-marketing techniques.

The discipline of homeopathy was our choice when America was threatened
with Anthrax a few years ago.  We quietly worked with Washington
Homeopathic to develop what is called a "Nosode." It is a different type
of medicine; made in a much more scientific way.  One pellule per person
will get you to the hospital; and you will need less of the antibiotic
than otheers who do not pretreat with the nosode.  If this feels like
the right choice for you seeking out a homeopath is a good step.
Homeopathy is also very compatible with children, and with animals.

Just my weigh-in.

Warmly ~

Mary L. Conley, ND, Herbalist
Conley Farm Organic Herbs
Online Classes
www.Herbgrow30.com

From time immemorial it has been known that Providential Means have
placed in nature the prevention and cure of disease, by means of divinely
enriched herbs, plants, and trees.

          ~ Dr. Edward Bach