From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:37:57 EDT
I've got some wonderful news.  Chere's home is damaged, but it was one of
two left standing in the neighborhood!

Also, I spoke to Jackie, and luckily she will probably only get some wind
and rain, and not at hurricane levels.  She has a generator to use if her
power goes out (which it will almost definitely do).

Now to the bad news.  The repairs, the supplies, and the general stress
have taken a tremendous toll on these incredible ladies.  They are both
in dire need of our help.

On the top of Chere's list is an immediate, urgent need for someone to
deliver and hook up a generator for her.  She has no power, it's probably
going to be days, or even weeks before it's back on, and the temperatures
will be too high for the ferrets.  Also, with the damage done to her
home, she is facing an enormous mold/fungi problem.  Having air
conditioning will help to mitigate that.

On top of Jackies list right now is cash donations.  She's had to use
bill money to pay for storm related supplies.  Renting a generator,
purchasing the accessories to actually use it has caused her to put off
paying some of her bills.

Both still have storm damage from Frances that wasn't repaired.

You can donate to them, or to SOS on their behalf.  If you don't want to
send cash, a Wal-Mart gift card will help them out as well.  Both have
Paypal accounts.

Chere Mc Coy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County
8775 20th Street, Lot 614
Vero Beach, FL 32966

Jackie Hawley
The Dook Nook
4599 Palmer Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32210

Both of these shelters have been selflessly serving the ferret sommunity
for years.  Let's make sure they will be able to be there for our fuzzy
friends for years to come.

Thanks!

Anne