Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:40:05 +0000
They were six wonderful ferrets that came together from bad living
conditions.  Britney is the last of them to leave us.  Right from the
start she made our house hers.  She let the members of the other cage
know she was not interested in being friends.  She had her friends Rusty,
Woozel, Duncan, Angel, and Tubby.  She was tuff as nails to all the other
ferrets, the dog, and the cat.  They all backed away from her.  She
looked like a tiny sable but she had a way of making any animal move out
of her way.

The last few weeks our Britney started losing weight.  I noticed that she
was eating the cat food, so I let her.  She wouldn t eat any of her food.
But still she was losing weight.  Then she stopped eating.  She lost
weight so fast.  I started her on the baby food but she was just not
eating enough.  She was starting to suffer.  I kept thinking she would
go to the bridge on her own but she couldn't.  So last night Ben, Doc G
and I helped her to the bridge.

I have never met a ferret as independent as Britney.  Even after Angel
pass and left her alone she didn t want to be friends with the other
cage.  She just wanted to be alone.

She loved to be in the bathtub.  Not to take a bath but just to see if
there was any leftover bubbles.  When she got out of the cage that was
the first place she went.  I had to leave a rug on the tub so that she
could get in and out.  She never had problems getting in but if the rug
wasn t there she had trouble getting out.

So Sandee when you see that little girl come your way, make sure you have
the Ferret_R_Gang handy.  She will probably ignore you and just jump for
joy to see her buds.  You might want to point them in the direction of
the bathtub land.  They all liked to hang out in there.  I am hoping
when Britney gets there she will share news from home to all of the
Ferret_R_Gang.  We have so many babies there that she didn t know and
then the ones she didn t want to know.

We loved that little girl with all our hearts.  She was a great kisser.
A real sweet girl.

Lydia and the Ferret_R_Gang
Snickers, Sassy, Blizzard, Champ, and Barbie