From:
Kris Kriskius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 06:56:47 EDT
Sammy, a Dark-Eyed White ferret wearing a yarmulke, comes up to find
another ferret sitting beneath a tree.  He's the CarpetSharksInk Carnival
Barker ferret.  Now his straw hat and cane rest on the ground beside him
as he looks at something far away.  Tears are running down his eyes.

"Hey, there, is something wrong?"

The Carnival Barker ferret sniffles.  "Oh, hi, Sammy.  It's just -" He
shakes his head.
"Look how much money the CSI raffle has raised!
It just - I got to thinking what the money was for."
He wipes his eyes.
"It just got too much for me, y'know?"

Sammy nods.  "Yes.  ADV is a terrible disease, and those ferrets need our
compassion.  It seems to me that CSI and the ferret community must be
full of compassionate people."

The Carnival Barker ferret nods.  "They're very special people.  What
they're doing ought to help."

"It ought to help a lot."  Sammy puts his paw on the other ferret's
shoulder.  "I can see how deeply this has affected you.  Do you think
you're up to making an announcement?"

The Carnival Barker ferret takes a deep breath, picks up his hat and
cane, and stands up.  "Yes.  It's my duty." He looks at his straw hat.
"It's my honor."

"Can the Crew help?"

The other smiles.  "Yes, you can.  You're most welcome."  Sammy runs off
while the Carnival Barker places his straw hat on his head and adjusts it
until he's satisfied.  The he smiles that Carnival-Barker smile and goes
into his spiel.

"Howdy, howdy, howdy!  I am here with you once again to give you some
GREAT news about the CSI Raffle for ADV!"  Murphy, Sammy, Max and several
Skippys bring the Cannon up behind him.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are pleased to announce the current raffle
total!  Take it away, boys!"

Murphy pulls the lanyard.

*BOOOOOOMMMM!!*

*WHOOOOOOOOOSSSHHH!!!*

Far overhead the charge explodes, showering those who donated with an
extra-large dose of confetti, streamers and balloons.  A single banner,
stretched between two parachutes, floats down:

$1,776.89!!!

Murphy, Sammy, Max and the Skippys do a lot of whooping and hollering.

The Carnival Barker ferret takes off his hat and smiles.  "Folks, you
truly are special people.  On behalf of the Cannon Crew - and on behalf
of all our brothers and sisters out there who suffer from ADV - we want
to give our deepest thanks."

Murphy, Sammy, Max, the Carnival Barker ferret and all the Skippys give a
deep bow.

=====
Paul E. Jamison
--
"Who reads, learns, lives the Ferret Way becomes keeper
of light, ennobling outer worlds from one within."

Thank you Paul and the Cannon Crew :)

This will be the last update posted.  The announcement of the winners,
will be sent out on September 30th, and the winners will be contacted
privately.  For those who are still interested in purchasing tickets,
here is the raffle page:
http://www.midnightbeaujolais.com/csiraffle/raffle.htm

For those who have purchased raffle tickets, THANK YOU!  Please take a
look at the thank you page, to make sure your name is there:
http://216.7.189.245/csiraffle/thankyou.htm

If you have purchased tickets, but did not receive your ticket numbers,
or if you don't see your name on the thank you page, please contact me.
There are only 13 days left to go, the deadline for tickets sales is
September 28th.  If you are snail mailing your donation please keep in
mind that it may take a week or so to get here.  For the last 13 days we
will be running a special.  Starting 9/16 anyone who purchases $10.00 (or
more) worth of tickets, you will receive 10 extra bonus tickets!  If you
have any questions feel free to contact me.  THANK all of you for your
generous donations, this year has been more than a success.  Feel free
to crosspost..

FOR THE FERRETS!!

Kris and the Fur Kids >^..^