Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 07:38:35 -0400
HeyHeyHey,

I am trying to put together an informaiton packet for the Department
of Social Services.  In this packet I would like to include not only
technical informaiton on ferret bites, rabies info etc but also the
positive side of ferrets interacting with children.

As most of you know, we had a case of 3 ferrets getting into a baby crib
in the middle of the nite and biting a baby.  I am quite sure this left
a horrible impression on Child Protective Services.  I would very much
like to undo this one sided perception and I would like to try to prevent
what happened to the NC 3 from happening again and prevent forced
surrenders.

Our plan is to put together an information packet, invite the supervisor
to a meeting and present them with the info to be used at their office.
This way positive information will be readily on hand.

I am looking for stories and pictures of ferrets and children.  Have your
ferrets positivly impacted your children?  Have your children positivly
impacted a ferret?  Have the children learned about life and love,
responsibility and trust thru ferrets?  Have ferrets helped a child you
know of thru a rough time or vice versa?

I am also looking for saftey tips on raising babies and ferrets together.
Anything that will help these social workers to see the positive aspects
of raising ferrets, babies and children together and that it can be safe
and beneficial for all concerned.

When completed I would like to keep this informaiton on the TriFL website
for others to download if needed.

Please email stories and pictures to [log in to unmask]  Thank you very
much for all the wonderful stories I am sure are heading this way.  The
ferrets you save may be your own.

HappyTails,
Karen and the Scruff You Gang