From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:47:36 -0500
Anyone want to hear about my latest trip?  I say latest cause I do them
all the time. ;-)

I have a problem child.  Marty is about 6.5 yrs old, blind, and doesn't
do well with new kids.  Till he adjusts I put him in a cage when I'm
either sleeping or away from home.  The other night Marty was being so
good I let him stay out.  Wrong idea.  At 1:30 a.m.  he discovered Bear.
I heard Bear squeaking and shot up out of bed like a bolt of lightning
and headed for the far corner of the livingroom.

Well the way I re-arranged the livingroom when I brought in the pond is
not made for fast movement in the dark to either corner on the other side
of the room.

Bear chose to sleep in a bed in a cage that was against the wall on the
other side of the room....

I sprinted over there in the half dark not noticing the wire ladder that
sticks out challenging the way for a human running like a banshee in the
dead of night (oh, by the way, a ferret can go by just fine).  This
ladder has a purpose.  It goes up to a second single level cage on top
of another.

I hit the ladder just above my ankle.  Oddly enough the ladder stood
strong as my leg stopped there BUT the rest of my body was so enthused
with momentum it decided to keep going!  Fortunately there is a carpeted
club house next to the cages and their porch swing was next to the ladder
so I was able to catch myself on different parts of my anatomy to stop
from going head over heals.  But being the focused (or is that single
minded) person I am I never stopped my momentum and quickly picked up
Marty and checked Bear over.

Bear was no worse for wear so Marty got reprimanded and put in the cage
for the night and Bear got a bowl of recipe.  It was almost time for
middle of the night feeding anyway...

And me.... well I'm a bit more colorful today.

hugs. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services
http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org