Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:29:15 -0400
I just wanted to remind everyone that there is no such thing as ferret
"proof", only ferret resistant.  I've had my boys for about nine months,
and have taken care of their "cousin" while my brother's family was away,
so I thought I had dealt with the proofing issue reasonably well.  I have
a strictly delineated area that the babies are allowed to play in,
including our living room, bathroom, and office.

I know that Trouble is aptly named, but today he wandered out of the
office while I was on the computer.  Meanwhile Mischief stayed with me.
Just over one minute later, it was quiet so I went into the living room
to check on Trouble, thinking that he was probably on the armchair he
isn't supposed to climb.

He wasn't on the chair, nor was he in sight, so I called his name.  I
heard his collar bell, but couldn't understand where it was coming from,
as the sound seemed to be from above.  I looked up to find him at the top
of a 6' tall bookcase!  When I took him down, he decided to show me how
he had done it, by going right back up.  He had climbed the OUTSIDE of
their four-story cage, and crossed to the top of the bookcase.

Now I'm going to have to leave their cage in the center of the room while
they're out, or try to find something I can use as a break so that he
can't climb the outside of the cage.

I love my little monster, but he's going to give me a heart attack one of
these days.

          GEC @};~

"Don't smile at me like that!  That's not even a real smile; It's just a
bunch of teeth playing with my mind!" Lt.  Templeton Peck